FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Certified organic.
- High quality, extra virgin, unrefined flax seed oil.
- In Vege capsules.
Waihi Bush Flax Seed Oil is pressed from certified organic flax seed, Linum usitatissimum (Linseed). The oil is high quality, extra virgin, unrefined and contains no toxic substances or cholesterol. It is cold pressed in the absence of light, air and reactive metals and packaged in black HDPE plastic under an inert gas blanket to further protect it against light and oxygen.
Waihi Bush Flax seed oil is 61% Omega-3 alpha linolenic acid (ALA), and also contains 17% Omega-6 linoleic acid (LA) and 13% monounsaturated Omega-9 oleic acid.
Research has shown that the majority of western diets are deficient in the Omega-3 essential fatty acids. While our bodies evolved on a diet with a 1:1 ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6, all researchers have estimated that people on a western type diet consume more than 20 times as much Omega-6 as Omega-3 as processed foods are made with predominately Omega 6 oils. This long-term imbalance in fatty acid intake can result in symptoms of poor health and lack of wellness.
Why use Flax seed oil?
Flax seed oil can top up your Omega-3 levels if you are experiencing symptoms of Omega-3 deficiency such as:
- Dry skin and hair conditions, soft or brittle nails. The most common symptom is some form of skin problem
- Inflammatory conditions - acne, eczema, psoriasis and arthritis
- Lowered immunity, slow healing and allergic conditions like asthma
- Vision problems and dry eyes
- Learning disorders and behavioural changes like ADHD
- Mental deterioration, depression, bipolar and mood swings
- Weakness, low energy and fatigue
- Tingling sensations in arms and legs
- Excessive thirst or frequent urination
- Slow recovery / sore muscles after excercise
Furthermore, Omega-3 fatty acids have been associated with reduced risk of cardiovascular disease. Studies have found that the Omega-3 in flax seed oil, alpha linolenic acid showed positive results in these areas:
- Protection against arrhythmia, a common cause of sudden cardiac death
- Reduction of LDL cholesterol, a risk factor for atherosclerosis
- Reduction of inflammation, a risk factor for atherosclerosis
- Protection against heart attack and stroke
- Possible beneficial effect on high blood pressure
Athletes looking for enhanced performance, endurance and shortened recovery time can find that flax seed oil helps in these areas due to improved oxygen transfer across cell membranes and faster breakdown of lactic acid.
The anti-inflammatory and increased body oxygen levels which are properties of flax seed oil, hold promise for cancer prevention and tumour reduction.
100% cold pressed flax seed oil.
|Quantity per 1000mg capsule|
|Energy||36.6kJ (8.8 kcal)|
|Trans fatty acid||0g|
|Alpha linolenic acid||0.61g|
|Vitamin E (total tocopherols)||0.09mg|
|Vitamin E (alpha tocopherol equivalents)||0.03mg|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.