FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Hereditary hair loss treatment for both men & women.
- Shown to stimulate hair growth in some people with hereditary hair loss.
Regro is used for the treatment of hereditary hair loss in men and women. It contains minoxidil which when applied topically has been shown to stimulte hair growth. You may need to use Regro for at least four months before you see any results. To improve and maintain hair growth, continual use is required.
Minoxidil 5% w/v
Ethanol, propylene glycol, purified water.
Adults (18 to 65 years): Apply one dose of 7 sprays (1ml) of Regro twice daily, preferably morning and night, to the areas of baldness or hair loss. This dose should be used regardless of the size of the bald area.
Do not exceed two doses (14 sprays or 2ml) per day. Massage scalp gently with fingertips after each spray. Wash hands well after use.
Regro should be applied on completely dry hair and scalp. Used only on healthy and intact skin. Do not wash hair or wet the scalp at leaset 4 hours after application. It is advisable to stop using Regro for 24 hours before any hair treatment such as dyeing or perming the hair.
If you forget to use Regro and it is time to apply the next dose, skin the dose you have missed and return to your usual schedule. Do not use more than 1 ml (7 sprays) per application. Do not use more than twice a day to make up for the dose you missed.
Continuous treatment with Regro is needed to keep the new hair and also stop additional hair loss. After stopping treatment, the balding process will start again.
It is important for you to know Regro does not work well in all people, and how well it works depends on a number of things.
If you respond to treatment with Regro, your initial regrowth may at first be soft, downy hair, and may hardly be visible. After further treatment, it is likely your hair regrowth will change and become the same colour and thickness as the rest of your hair.
If after 6 months of using Regro, no hair growth is seen, you should talk to your pharmacist or doctor about stopping treatment as any gain from continued treatment is likely to be small.
Do not change your dose of Regro or stop using Regro without first asking your pharmacist or doctor for advice.
Regro is for external use only. Never take Regro orally to help hair growth. This could lead to serious side effects.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before use if:
- you are currently using, just completed or about to start on any other medicines.
- if you have any heart problems or taking medicines to treat high blood pressure. Using Regro with certain blood pressure lowering drugs such as guanethidine may cause a fall in blood pressure on standing.
- use if you have a history of allergic reaction to minoxidil, alcohol or propylene glycol.
- use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- use if you are under 18 years or over 65 years old.
- use if you have sudden or unexplained hair loss.
- use if your scalp is red, inflamed, irritated, infected or painful. Avoid contact with your eyes.
- apply to areas of the body other than the scalp. This product is for external use only.
- use a hair dryer to dry the Regro solution on your head or moke while applying Regro.
- inhale the spray mist.
- use at the same time with other topical preparation on the same scalp area. Hair spray and common hair products can be used after Regro has been applied.
- use if you do not have a family history of hair loss.
- expose to a naked flame. The product contains ethanol and will catch fire.
All medicines can have side effects but you may not experience any of them. If you do not feel well when using Regro, consult your doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible.