FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Fast and soothing haemorrhoid relief.
- Long acting pain relief using a local anaesthetic.
- Reduces inflammation and swelling.
- Relieves itching.
Proctosedyl Ointment provides effective and fast relief from the discomfort of haemorrhoids (piles) and other painful conditions of the anus, such as fissures.
Proctosedyl Ointment contains the active ingredients hydrocortisone, a steroid, and cinchocaine hydrochloride, a local anaesthetic. These work together to reduce swelling, numb pain and relieve itching.
This is a pharmacy only medicine. Alwyas read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, talk to healthcare professional. We reserve the right to not supply this medicine.
|Active ingredient per gram:|
Also contains liquid paraffin, white soft paraffin, wool fat.
Does not contain gluten, sucrose, lactose, tartrazine or any other azo dyes.
For best results, apply after a bowel motion.
- Wash and dry anal area.
- For external haemorrhoids, apply a small amount of ointment to a finger and gently apply to affected area.
- For internal haemorrhoids, attach nozzle to tube and insert into anus and squeeze tube while withdrawing.
- Apply to the affected area up to 3 times daily.
Haemorrhoids often result when people strain while trying to defecate. This problem is often, but not always, associated with low-fibre diets. A high-fibre diet will keep your faeces soft, reducing your risk of becoming constipated. Dietary fibres acts like a sponge absorbing water to increase the bulk and softness of stools. This will ensure that you avoid straining to pass a stool.
Proctosedyl may cause a temporary uncomfortable burning sensation in the anal area. This medicine may not be right for you. Incorrect use may be harmful.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.