FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Contains 2mg of nicotine per chewing gum.
- Helps relieve the craving for nicotine.
- Reduce the physical need to smoke.
- Sugar free.
Nicorette is a quit smoking aid. Nicorette Gum works by providing a controlled amount of nicotine to your system in place of cigarettes and without the toxins in cigarette smoke. This helps your body to gradually adjust to having less nicotine until you no longer need any. By helping to relieve nicotine cravings, Nicorette lets you focus on breaking the psychological and habitual component of smoking cigarettes.
Nicorette Gums may be used to stop smoking abruptly or cut down smoking before stopping.
Active ingredient per chewing gum:
Chewing gum base, sorbitol powder, sorbitol 70%, flavour for smoker, haverstroo flavour, sodium carbonate anhydrous, sodium hydrogen carbonate, glycerol 85%.
Use Nicorette 2mg Gums if you smoke 10 to 20 cigarettes per day.
- During weeks 1 to 12:
1 piece when you have an urge to smoke or every 1 to 2 hours. Do not use more than 20 pieces per day.
- After 12 weeks:
Gradually reduce to 1 to 2 pieces a day and then stop use.
- Gradually increase gum use (maximum 20 pieces per day) for up to 6 months, while cutting down smoking. Stop smoking altogether when ready. Continue to use gum as per above direction for Stopping immediately.
If you have not cut down smoking in 6 weeks or quit smoking after 9 months, see your doctor/pharmacist.
How do I use Nicorette Gum?
Chew gum slowly until taste is strong or you feel a slight tingling sensation.
Rest gum between cheek and gums.
Chew again when taste has faded. Repeat until there is no more tingling.
The nicotine in Nicorette is released a little at a time and absorbed through the lining of your mouth into your bloodstream. If you chew too quickly or for too long, you will swallow the nicotine with your saliva. It will be broken down in your stomach and wasted.
Do not use if:
- You are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Your mouth or throat is sore.
- You are under 18 years old.
- You are a non smoker.
- You are allergic or hypersensitive to nicotine or any of the other ingredients in the gums.
- You have had a recent heart attack or stroke.
- You have angina (chest pain) that is not well controlled or is getting worse.
- You have severe arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat).
Contains xylitol. Overusage may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhoea.