FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Clinically proven anti-fungal nail treatment kit.
- Contains all you need to treat 1 - 2 nails for up to 12 months.
- Easy to use because it is a once or twice weekly application.
Loceryl is a lacquer that releases the active anti-fungal ingredient amorolfine which penetrates the nail to get to the site of infection and kills the fungus.
Loceryl is easy to use because it is a once or twice weekly application. Each Loceryl Treatment Kit contains enough medication for 150 applications.
Onychomycosis, fungal nail infection is a common disease estimated to affect up to 350,000 New Zealanders. The infected nail may be yellow to brown, thick, brittle and/or separated from the nail bed.
How does Loceryl treat onychomycosis?
Loceryl is intended for external use only. Loceryl should not be swallowed.
Carefully follow the steps below before using Loceryl:
- Place everything you need for the Loceryl treatment within easy reach:
- Loceryl nail lacquer.
- nail file (supplied).
- cleaning pad (supplied).
- reusable spatula (supplied).
- Before painting with Loceryl nail lacquer, file down the infected areas of the nail (particularly the nail surfaces) as thoroughly as possible using the nail file.
CAUTION: Nail files used on an infected nail must not be used on healthy nails.
- Clean the surface of the infected nail with a cleaning pad.
- Dip one of the reusable spatulas into the lacquer. Do not wipe it on the neck of the bottle.
Note: the spatula provides a measured dose of LOCERYL.
- Using the spatula, paint Loceryl nail lacquer over the entire surface of the infected nail.
- Close the bottle tightly immediately after painting the infected nail.
- Repeat steps 2, 3, 4 and 5 for each nail.
- Allow time for the nails to dry (3 to 5 minutes).
- When you have finished treating all of your infected nails clean the spatula and the neck of the bottle with the same cleaning pad that was used during the treatment.
NOTE: Follow these steps each time you use Loceryl.
How often to apply Loceryl
Paint Loceryl once or twice weekly on the infected fingernails or toenails or as otherwise directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
If you forget to paint on the Loceryl nail lacquer, use it as soon as you remember. Then go back to using Loceryl as you would normally.
How long Loceryl should be used
Treatment should be continued until the infected nails are completely cured and re-grown.
Usually, treatment of fungal infections of the nails takes around six months for the fingernails and nine to twelve months for the toenails.
Don't be discouraged if after several weeks of therapy no improvement is visible. A healthy nail only grows by approximately 2mm per month.
For more information on Loceryl, please click here.
Do not use Loceryl if:
- you have had an allergic reaction to Loceryl or any ingredients listed at the end of this leaflet.
- the package is torn or shows signs of tampering.
- the expiry date (EXP) printed on the pack has passed.
- you are pregnant or you are breast-feeding or intend to breast-feed. The safety of Loceryl in pregnancy and breast-feeding has not been established.
If you are not sure if you should start using Loceryl, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
The safety and effectiveness of LOCERYL in children have not been established.
Before you start to use Loceryl
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if:
- you are allergic to any other medicines, foods, dyes or preservatives.
- you have any other health problems.
- you are taking any other medicines.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.