- Mix Hydralyte immediately before required.
- Fill measuring cup to the (200 mL) graduation line with fresh, cold drinking water. (For babies under 6 months it is recommended that freshly boiled and cooled water be used.)
- Empty contents of one sachet into the measuring cup and stir the mixture until the Hydralyte powder has dissolved.
- Sip slowly and frequently while symptoms persist.
- Discard unused solution after 2 hours or 24 hours if refrigerated.
- Avoid mixing Hydralyte powder with cordial, fruit juice, soft drink or sports drink as these can interfere with the rehydration process.
|Age in years||Take in first 6 hrs (sachets)||Max. sachets per day|
|Under 12 months||1-2||5|
|Over 12 years||7-10||20|
Seek medical advice if vomiting or diarrhoea persists for more than:
- 6 hours in infants under 6 months
- 12 hours in children under 3 years
- 24 hours in children aged 3–6 years
- 48 hours for adults and children aged over 6 years
Store below 30°C
0.8 mg/mL potassium
1.03 mg/mL sodium
Be aware that dehydration due to vomiting or diarrhoea can be dangerous in babies and children under 5 years old and in elderly people.