FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Effectively treats threadworms, roundworm and hookworm.
- Suitable for the whole family from age 1 and over.
- This pack provides treatment for approximately 2 adults and 2 children.
Combantrin contains the active ingredient pyrantel to effectively treat threadworm, roundworm and hookworm infection.
Threadworm is the most common worm infection in Australia and New Zealand. Often there are no symptoms but indication of threadworm infection may include:
- Persistent scratching of the bottom and/or itchy bottom
- Restless sleep
- Loss of appetite and irritability
If you suspect threadworms:
- Using a torch, look for moving worms around the anus, either an hour after the child has gone to bed or if they wake during the night. Press a piece of sticky tape over the anus. Any eggs will stick to the tape.
- Look for worms on the outside surface of bowel motions. They look like short pieces of white thread about 5mm to 10mm long.
Threadworms are contagious and they pass easily from person to person through swallowing their eggs by sharing things such as food and utensils or touching an infected surface such as tap or door handle. Threadworms can remain viable on door handle for up to 3 days.
LIMIT OF 2 PACKS PER ORDER
This is a pharmacy only medicine. Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, talk to a healthcare professional. We reserve the right to not supply this medicine.
Active ingredient per chocolate square:
Pyrantel embonate equivalent to 100mg pyrantel
One 100mg chocolate square for every 10kg of body weight
(equiv. to 10mg pyrantel per 1kg)
Take as a single dose, after food
||No. of Squares|
|Below 1 year||Consult your doctor|
|1 - 5 years||10 - 25kg||1 - 2|
|6 - 10 years||26 - 45kg||3 - 4|
|11 - 13 years||46 - 56kg||5|
|14 - 18 years||57 - 70kg||6|
|*Approx. Age is only a Guide
After treatment, give your home a good clean and vacuum. Wash clothes and bedding in hot water to kill any remaining eggs. Wipe down door handles.
All human worming products will only treat adult worms present in the intestine at the time of taking the medicine. They will not treat the eggs or immature worms and will not protect you or your children from contracting threadworm if exposed to it again. Please check thoroughly 2 to 4 weeks after the initial treatment. Retreat if necessary.
Combantrin should not be used by people with acute liver disease.
Not suitable for children under 1 year.
Not suitable during pregnancy.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.