FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Sourced from marine algae.
- Protects skin from UV damage and pollution.
- Natural anti-inflammatory to relief arthritis and psoriasis.
Asta Supreme Advanced Antioxidant Support provides 4mg of astaxanthin per capsule. Astaxanthin is a red pigment molecule that forms part of the carotenoid family. It is the most powerful natural antioxidant in the world.
When you use astaxanthin, your body encourages the defence against harmful free radicals that attack healthy cells and cause injury and damage to your body. Taking the right precautions is necessary, no matter what stage of life you’re at, so you can get on and make the most of your day, everyday.
Astaxanthin is recognised as being 500 times stronger than vitamin ‘E’, 6000 times stronger than vitamin ‘C’, 800 times stronger than Co-Q10 and 550 times stronger than green tea catechins.
Astaxanthin is 100% natural, extracted from a unique marine alga (Haematococcus piuvialis). Many marine creatures (and others like flamingos) have this algae as part of their natural diet. It’s astaxanthin that makes salmon, trout, prawns and krill appear pink and it’s astaxanthin that gives the salmon the amazing strength and endurance it needs to swim up rapids to breed.
Natural astaxanthin has a number of unique features:
- Most antioxidants are either water soluble or fat soluble and this restricts which parts of the body they reach. Astaxanthin is both so it can reach outside and inside cells. It therefore can penetrate every part of the body including the skin.
- Cell Membrane Bridge – Astaxanthin aligns itself across the outer double-layered cell membrane, and acts as a bridge transporting free radicals out of the cell, and works with other antioxidants to neutralize them.
- Penetrates the blood brain barrier. One of a few antioxidants that can do this.
- Penetrates the eye. Again one of the few antioxidants that can penetrate the eye.
In addition, many antioxidants become pro-oxidant, i.e. harmful, under certain circumstances by behaving as free radicals themselves. Astaxanthin never becomes a pro-oxidant. Also, some antioxidants can be converted to Vitamin A which is harmful in large doses as it accumulates in the body. Astaxanthin cannot be converted to Vitamin A.
|Active ingredients per capsule:|
|Natural Astaxanthin (sourced from H. pluvialis)||4mg|
|equiv. to Vitamin D3 500IU|
Other ingredients: Safflower oil, encapsulating aid.
No added gluten, dairy, yeast, sugar or artificial colours.
Take 2 capsules daily with food. Always read the label and use as directed.
Supplements should not replace a balanced healthy diet.
If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Not recommended for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Keep out of reach of children.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.