FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Clinically proven corn removal
- Soft felt ring relieves pressure over the corn
- A measured dose of salicylic acid with each plaster to remove the corn
- One step application
- Easy to apply
Carnation Corn Caps Medicated Plasters are a clinically proven, all-in-one method to remove painful corns. It contains a unique salicylic acid paste that penetrates and relieves hard corns while the red felt ring relieves pressure.
The results of the largest ever clinical trial* comparison versus scalpel treatment shows that Carnation Corn Caps:
- Remove corns more quickly
- Give greater pain relief
- Reduce the size of corns more quickly
- Podiatrists preferred Corn Caps
- Corns are 60% less likely to reoccur
- Clinically proven to remove corns within a 10-day treatment period
*Results of a Corn Plaster Evaluation (CoPE) Trial on ‘The long-term effectiveness of 40% salicylic acid plasters on corns’, comparing the application of Carnation Corn Caps and scalpel treatment on 202 patients, carried out between 01.04.2009 – 31.03.2012 by Podiatrists of the Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Find the research here.
Salicylic Acid 40% w/w.
- Clean and dry the feet to ensure adhesion.
- Remove a corn cap from the backing paper and position the felt ring over the corn.
- Firmly fix in position with adhesive straps. When properly applied it should not slip or move.
- Change the corn cap every 2 days until the corn is easily removed. A maximum of 5 corn caps should be used per corn.
- No more than three corns to be treated at one time.
NOT TO BE USED BY DIABETICS
Carnation Corn Caps contain peanut oil. If you are allergic to peanut or soya, do not use Carnation Corn Caps.
Do not apply to inflamed or broken skin, moles, birthmarks or unusual skin growths. Do not treat corns over a large area at one time.
Children under 15 years old and people with circulatory disorders should seek professional medical advise before use.
While using corn caps apply no other medicated product to your corn and do not use corn caps for any other purpose.
If symptoms persist, consult your doctor.
A mild degree of discomfort or soreness may be experienced while using this product. Very occasionally, itching, irritation or sensitivity may occur. In these circumstances remove the dressing, clean the area and discontinue use. Report any unwanted effects to your pharmacist or doctor.