FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Stronger menopause symptom relief and mood support.
- Efficacy and safety have been impressively verified by many clinical studies.
- No hormones and no risk for breast and uterine tissues.
Remifemin Plus is formulated for women with stronger symptoms of menopause and/or mood related symptoms arising out of menopause fluctuations. Along with an increased amount of Actaea racemosa to target heat and sweating, St John's Wort has been added to assist psychovegetative symptoms such as low mood, nervous tension, irritability and agitation. It is recommended for womenin the early stages of menopause when symptoms can be more intense or at any stage of menopause when more support is desired.
Remifemin Plus can help to relieve menopausal complaints such as hot flushes, sweating, depressive moods and psychovegetative disturbances such as dejection, inner tension, irritability, lack of concentration, insomnia, anxiety and/or nervous restlessness, premenstrual psychovegetative disorders.
The active substances are:
1 coated tablet contains:
Hyperici herb. extr. sicc. (dry extract of St. John's Wort) corresponding to total hypericin (standard.) = 0.25 mg and Cimicifugae rhiz. extr. sicc. (dry extract of Black Cohosh) corresponding to triterpene glycosides calculated as 27-Deoxyactein (standard.) = 1.0 mg
The other ingredients are:
Microcrystalline cellulose, ironoxid E 172, glyceryl behenate, glyceryl alconate, colloidal anhydrous silica, indigotin E 132. potato starch, lactose, macrogol mw=6000, magnesium stearate, methylhydroxypropyl cellulose, talc.
Recommended dosage: Take ONE tablet twice daily,or if necessay take TWO tablets TWICE a day - with or without food.
For further information, click here.
Remifemin Plus may interact with various other medicines in such a way that the concentration of these substances in the blood is reduced and thus possibly their efficacy, too. The following medicinal agents belong to these substances:
- anticoagulants (phenprocoumon, warfarin)
- hormonal oral contraceptives (occurrence of intermenstrual bleedings)
- different agents against depression such as amitriptyline and nortriptyline.
In case of simultaneous intake of certain active agents for treatment of depression (trazodone, paroxetine, sertraline) adverse reactions (such as e.g. nausea, vomiting, anxiety, restlessness, confusion) may increasingly occur in single cases.
If given simultaneously with other medicines which increase skin photosensitivity, an increase in the phototoxic effects (see section on ”undesirable effects”) is possible.
Do not take Remifemin Plus:
- If you are concomitantly treated with another medicine containing one of the following medicinal agents or a medicinal agent of one of the following substance groups:
- Medicine for suppression of transplant rejections (ciclosporin, tacrolimus for internal use, sirolimus)
- Medicinal drugs for treatment of HIV-infections or AIDS (proteinase inhibitors such as indinavir, non-nucleosid-reverse-transcriptase-inhibitors such as nevirapin)
- Cytostatics (imatinib, irinotecan with the exception of monoclonal antibodies)
- If you are hypersensitive to Cimicifugae rhizome or St John's Wort or any of the other ingredients of Remifemin Plus.
- If you know about existing photophypersensitivity of the skin.
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.