FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Natural defence against dental caries.
- Relieves tooth sensitivity.
- Delivers Recaldent™ to restore mineral balance in the oral environment.
- Inhibits enamel demineralisation and induces remineralisation.
- Reverses white spot lesions.
- Tastes delicious and makes teeth feel smoother and cleaner.
GC Tooth Mousse Plus is a delicious water-based tasting creme that is beneficial for your teeth. It contains calcium and phosphate, the major minerals teeth are made from with incorporated fluoride. The level of fluoride is 0.2% (900ppm), similar to the level in adult-strength toothpastes.
Calcium, phosphate and fluoride are carried in a special protein called Recaldent™, they are available in a soluble form. This means GC Tooth Mousse can protect the teeth like saliva and replace minerals lost by regular acid attack after eating and drinking.
Recaldent™ is derived from the milk protein, casein. For many years it has been known that milk and its derivatives have a tooth protective effect. Research has shown that this activity is due to a part of the casein protein called Casein Phosphopeptide (or CPP), which carries calcium and phosphate ions in the form of Amorphous Calcium Phosphate (or ACP).
During the decay process, calcium phosphate is lost from teeth. Fluoride has long been recognised for its effectiveness at preventing tooth decay, however as a topical treatment, the potential oral health benefits have been limited by the difficulties in delivering it in a way that allows it to be absorbed into the tooth, rather than remaining on the tooth's surface.
Combining fluoride with the Recaldent™ complex increases the amount of fluoride that is bio-available to teeth. When using Tooth Mousse Plus, fluoride ions are surrounded by peptides in the Recaldent™ nanocomplex, holding them in place in the solution so the fluoride can be delivered where and when the tooth needs it.
In situ studies have shown that Tooth Mousse Plus penetrates more deeply and remineralises teeth to a greater extent than either fluoride-only preparations or Recaldent™ only preparations.
GC Tooth Mousse Plus could be helpful:
- If you have active decay in your mouth.
- If you have sensitive teeth.
- If you have erosion or tooth wear.
- If you suffer from dry mouth.
- If you have an acidic oral environment.
- If you currently have othodontic bands or brackets, or just had them removed.
- If you have white spot leasions.
- Prior to commencing, and immediately following bleaching for tooth whitening.
- If you are pregnant and your mouth acid levels are higher than normal.
- After your teeth have been cleaned and polished.
- If you need additional protection for your teeth.
A dental professional is the best person to discuss specific issues relating to your oral health. Based on their diagnosis, they can advise if GC Tooth Mousse Plus would be beneficial for you.
Pure water, Glycerol, CPP-ACP, D-sorbitol, CMC-Na, Propylene glycol, Silicon dioxide, Titanium dioxide, Xylitol, Phosphoric acid, Sodium fluoride, Flavouring, Sodium saccharin, Ethyl p-hydroxybenzoate, Propyl p-hydroxybenzoate, Butyl p-hydroxybenzoate.
Squeeze a small amount of GC Tooth Mousse Plus from the tube onto your finger and apply it over the surfaces of the teeth as advised by your dentist.
For the maximum benefit, leave it on the teeth as long as possible. The minimum recommended application time is three minutes.
Spread any residual creme around the mouth with your tongue and hold for a further one to two minutes.
Expectorate thoroughly and, if possible, avoid rinsing.
Any GC Tooth Mousse Plus remaining in the mouth can be left to gradually dissipiate. Avoid eating or dirnking for 30 minutes follwing application.
GC Tooth Mousse Plus should not be used by people with milk protein allergies or sensitivity to benzoate preservatives.
GC Tooth Mousse Plus is not suitable for children under 6 years of age. This is because GC Tooth Mousse Plus contains a level of fluoride similar to that found in adult-strength toothpastes. For young children ingestion of GC Tooth Mousse Plus could incrase their risk of dental fluorosis.