FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Kills threadworms with just 1 single chocolate square.
- Suitable for the whole family from age 2 and over.
- This pack provides treatment for 4 people for threadworm.
Combantrin-1 contains the active ingredient merbendazole to effectively treat threadworm infection with just 1 single chocolate square.
Threadworm is the most common worm infection in Australia and New Zealand. Often there are no symptoms but indication of threadworm infection may include:
- Persistent scratching of the bottom and/or itchy bottom
- Restless sleep
- Loss of appetite and irritability
If you suspect threadworms:
- Using a torch, look for moving worms around the anus, either an hour after the child has gone to bed or if they wake during the night. Press a piece of sticky tape over the anus. Any eggs will stick to the tape.
- Look for worms on the outside surface of bowel motions. They look like short pieces of white thread about 5mm to 10mm long.
Threadworms are contagious and they pass easily from person to person through swallowing their eggs by sharing things such as food and utensils or touching an infected surface such as tap or door handle. Threadworms can remain viable on door handle for up to 3 days.
Active ingedient per chocolate square:
Also contains lactose, sucrose and soy. May contain traces of nuts.
Free from gluten, artificial colours and artificial flavours.
Adults and children over 2 years - Take 1 chocolate square, with or without food.
After treatment, give your home a good clean and vacuum. Wash clothes and bedding in hot water to kill any remaining eggs. Wipe down door handles.
All human worming products will only treat adult worms present in the intestine at the time of taking the medicine. They will not treat the eggs or immature worms and will not protect you or your children from contracting threadworm if exposed to it again. Please check thoroughly 2 to 4 weeks after the initial treatment. Retreat if necessary.
This medicine should not be taken during pregnancy without medical advice.
Do not give to children under 2 years of age.
If roundworm, hookworm or whipworm are suspected, you should seek medical advice.
If symptoms persist, see your doctor.
Medicines have benefits and some have risks.
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist or you have side effects see your healthcare professional.